As the world we live in continues to change, staying socially connected to friends, family and and the broader community has never been more important. Here are some tips on how you can stay connected:
- Call friends and family to check on their welfare
- Send an email
- Write a letter
- Leave your neighbour a note
You could even get creative with your interaction. Here are some nifty ideas:
- Set up a gratitude movement – where every member sends a text message or email to other members of the group sharing things they are grateful for
- Find a buddy or a group and set daily challenges or goals. These could include a healthy habit, a mindful practice or a creative pursuit. Be sure to encourage and check in daily through a call, text message or email to stay motivated
- Set dates and times to watch the same TV shows/movies with someone and message each other your thoughts along the way
- If your local community has a social media group, join it! This will keep you up to date with what’s going on directly around you
Connecting via video
There are a number of digital services you can use to connect with your friends and family through video:
- Whatsapp Google Duo
- Facebook video
Most of these apps are free, you just need an electronic device such as a computer, mobile phone or tablet to use them. Just because you may not be able to visit someone in person, doesn’t mean you can’t stay connected.
Remember – we are all in this together.
Join the ECH Facebook page!
It’s a great way to keep connected with the ECH community. facebook.com/ECH.Inc.au